We teamed up with LearnSTEMic (formerly Dellicker Strategies) to bring the Station Rotation model into our 3rd and 5th grade classrooms as a pilot in 2015. We had one of their coaches come in and give a three-day training/PD session for our teachers, and this coach followed up throughout the year with classroom observations, teacher surveys, and data analysis. Over the years, this coach has helped train three of our staff members (two in the Elementary School, one in the Jr/Sr High School) to be "hybrid coaches" who can more directly and more frequently help math and ELA teachers with their Station Rotations.
6th Grade ELA State Testing:
- 9.6% more LearnSTEMic students passed the PSSA when compared to the same students during the previous year.
- 2.3% more LearnSTEMic students scored Advanced on the PSSA when compared to the same students during the previous year.
6th Grade Benchmark Testing:
- LearnSTEMic students demonstrated 6.5% better growth when compared to the same students during the previous year.
- 90% of students reported that the personalized learning environment helped them problem solve more effectively than a traditional environment.
- 100% of teachers reported that utilizing personalized learning strategies improved student participation and engagement.
- 100% of teachers reported that personalized learning has a greater impact on student academic growth than a traditional learning environment.
Po Box 260